Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Yawn

The flip side of picking Duane up from work was also driving him to work this morning. Oddly enough he left that part out when asking me if I would pick him up. :) We did go to Trader Joe's last night, so that was nice.

I talked to my little sister yesterday and she is not doing so great. She is attending UW-Madison completing pre-reqs in the hope of going on to PT school. She got her undergrad degree from UW-Milwaukee and was taking classes there last year. She is overwhelmed with classwork and struggling. UW-Milwaukee is a much smaller school with more resources per student. Her husband is also not living in Madison 100% of the time, so I don't imagine that helps. I am making dinner for her and we will talk it out. She was crying on the phone last night, so I know she is really stressed. We have a "problem" in our family where we each think we can do everything on our own with no help (and we are extremely stubborn).

I am somehow missing a pair of work pants. I don't know if I mistakenly put them in the "give to charity bag" or the "no longer fits" bag, or some random drawer. I may go to Kohl's later as they have dress pants on sale (well really everything is on sale there at one time or another). I remember a time when sales at the department stores were a big deal. This is also the time when I thought $100 was a lot of money (junior high or so). What is the real price of things if they are all on sale at one time or another?

I talked to my manager yesterday about how I am obviously not interested in doing the work required to make money at my job lately. I don't want to leave Century 21, it is almost like a second family (although I swear I was getting weird looks after the agent retreat-I really shouldn't drink and dance). My manager is going to look at some possibilities for me within the company.

4 comments:

crankymommy said...

Good luck with the work transition... I hope something pans out that makes you happy.

Carey said...

Thank you! What would really make me happy would be teaching. The cost and job uncertainty have been keeping me from applying to get my certificate. I should just go ahead and do it.

Kandy Christensen said...

That whole growing up thing sucks! You never know what will come your way. Oh, and you want to talk about stubborn, my grandparents who are both not in the best of health just drove to California with the two cats. There was no telling my grandpa that might not be the best idea. I wonder where I get it from!!

crankymommy said...

Hiya... I've tagged you so now you have to post :)