Monday, October 22, 2007

I am not in a good mood today

but nothing is really wrong or terrible so I should just be thankful that nothing is wrong or terrible.

We watched Transformers last night. It suffered from bad dialogue and a lame soundtrack. The soundtrack could have been so cool, but they spent all their money on special effects. The Autobots and Decepticons were very cool though.

We also watched Club Dredd. Beerfest was much better. Club Dredd suffered from too many inane sex jokes and boob shots. It was Duane's movie pick though and he liked it. It didn't help that we had already watched most of it awhile ago when it was on HBO.

I went shopping in the Chicagoland area on Saturday with my mom. We had a great time. We went to IKEA, TJMaxx&More (which is a TJMaxx and a Homegoods combined), a quilt shop, the Crate&Barrel Outlet Store, and Trader Joe's. We spent most of our time in IKEA and the TJMaxx. We had plans to go to an outlet mall, but we didn't make it there. The TJMaxx was amazing, very clean and organized (which is unusual). Almost everything there is made in China though, which is why it is so cheap. According to the Economist, we better be happy that China has a strong economy because our economy is sucking so bad and someone needs to bolster the world's economy so we don't all go to hell in a handbasket.

I have not slept well lately, so I slept really late on Sunday. Duane played Metroid all day Saturday and all morning Sunday. He has beat the game now, which means he probably won't play it again for a long while. We had beautiful weather, so we headed out to an apple orchard. Unfortunately the place was crawling with people and there were no cider doughnuts left. We almost didn't get a caramel apple because people were taking 4 at a time. Hey, someone else might want a caramel apple you know!

Last night I went to bed at the usual time. I felt very restless. My pulse was not too crazy, but it wasn't at a resting rate. I was trying to do some deep breathing, but I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. I have felt like this on and off at night. The weird thing is that if I go and lay on the couch in the living room, I will fall asleep within a few minutes. If I lay in bed, I could be awake for hours. Very strange.

The weather is cool and rainy.

No comments: