Monday, October 15, 2007

Hey I am actually posting on Monday

The weather was gloomy this weekend and Duane didn't make my life any easier. I got through my work on Saturday (ended up being later and lasting longer than I wanted it to). Our friend came over which resulted in Duane's ass growing roots into the couch. He didn't do any of his chores, even the ones that have been on the list for 2 weeks (and would take 5 minutes). We ended up watch baseball all night as well.

I did some research online last week and discovered that our new hard drive for the dvr was malfunctioning because it was going into sleep mode. Duane made the necessary repairs and it is working just fine. Of course in the process of "testing" it (which was dumb in my opinion), some of shows recorded earlier in the week got deleted. Not a big deal, but there was a simple way to keep them from being deleted.

I got to sleep in on Sunday, while Duane went to BW3 to watch the Packers game. This was an error on my part, because Duane sometimes needs someone to act as his common sense. The Packers won, and BW3 has a raffle. Duane won a lot of free beer (which has to be consumed that day) and was with 2 non-drinkers. It was MGD, not worth drinking even if it is free in my opinion. He called me to say he would be home right after the game, so I had planned to go together and run some errands. He really came home about 1.5 hours after I expected him, and was totally drunk. It certainly did not make me happy as we could no longer run those errands, and none of his chores were going to get done AGAIN. It did not make him happy as he wasn't feeling so great.

The BMW is in for service today, thankfully the last inspection under warranty. Now we can take it to other garages to have things fixed, instead of relying on the overpriced dealer. Duane called a couple of other garages about things they wanted to fix today (not under warranty) and got much cheaper quotes. The car may stay overnight though, so I will stick around the office until it is time to pick Duane up.

I watched Bridge to Terabithia last night. I will have to read the book, because the movie was quite dull.

We may see some sun this week in between rainy days. I hope so!

No comments: