Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick or Treat

Answering the door with only one person home isn't easy (2 dogs wanting to know who is at the door), so I put out a pumpkin bucket with candy. I have done this in the past, but this year I put a sign up saying 2 pieces of candy per person please.

When I came home at 6:30ish there was at least half of the container left. We don't have too many kids in our neighborhood and trick or treating was to end around 7. I went out and got the bucket at 8ish and it was totally empty. I have a feeling that the older (uncostumed) kids from the neighborhood about a mile away came and took it all. Nice huh? It has happened before, but I have a feeling I wouldn't want to be answering the door to these kids either.

The power went out at 4 today, so that made up my mind to go to the laundrymat. We have a winter weight synthetic down comforter that doesn't fit in the washing machine. I got a new duvet cover from the Crate and Barrel outlet, so I washed the comforter and put it on the bed.

I am up early tomorrow for a work event but home in time to take the dogs to the kennel. Steepwater is playing in town tomorrow night as well. I have to be at the airport by 6am on Firday, so hopefully the show doesn't go too late!

I picked up some books at the library including some Seattle ones. I am excited about going!

No comments: