Monday, October 29, 2007

Another 5 days without posting

I think I can see why I don't get many comments. My posting can be rather haphazard!

Duane is currently on a plane to Hawaii (Honolulu) where he will be until Thursday night. On Thursday he takes a red-eye flight to Seattle arriving at 5am Friday morning. Friday morning I leave Madison at 7am and get to Seattle at 11am. I think it will be a fun weekend.

I have been doing some crafty things. I purchased a book by Amy Butler with some really cool patterns in it and a book called Craft Inc. which teaches you about starting a craft business. I am almost finished with an IKEA hack (from the IKEA hacker website) to give to my sister. I will try to remember to take a picture tonight. I made a bracelet for her from feldspar stones, but (as usual) I forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her. I have many more things to work on though.

Yesterday we went a pumpkin carving party at my sister's house in Janesville. I made crescent rolls w/little smokies inside and decorated them like gross looking fingers and I made a candy corn look alike appetizer (it was pizza dough in the shape of a candy corn with spinach/artichoke heart dip on top and white/yellow/orange cheese arranged like the layers of a candy corn). My pumpkin turned out nicely. I forgot my camera, but my sister will probably email me a picture. I donated my pumpkins which unfortunately turned into stabbing victims. The kids had already carved 1 or 2 pumpkins and I didn't keep an eye on what they were doing with my pumpkins. No big deal though as I had no particular plans for them. My little sister was supposed to come, but stayed out too late at FreakFest. This is the Halloween event on State Street. We had some intense vandalism a few years back, and the solution was to sell tickets to the event. It has been quite orderly for the past 2 years, but my sister said it felt a little sterile.

The Cable guy actually came early last week. Unfortunately the dvr box we really like (the Moxi box) is no longer being made. He tried to replace our box with a refurbished one, but no go. We got a new dvr box that I don't like. It does not support an external hard drive, but we were able to return the one we bought. It's functions are very basic and limited, but it does record.

I am at work clipping coupons now, but I will head out in a bit. The Bombay Company is going out of business and I am hoping they still have some good stuff at the store here!

2 comments:

Kandy Christensen said...

Which Amy Butler book did you get? I think I might have it! I made the clutch purse with the flower in barkcloth and gave it to a friend as a gift. It was pretty easy. My only complaint is they said to use batting and it really needs something more to make it stiff. It was kind of floppy! I'm in the middle of making (from another Amy Butler pattern) a messenger bag, but I've only gotten as far as cutting out the fabric!

Kandy Christensen said...

I really like exclamation points!!!