Monday, August 06, 2007

Organic Onesies

I received my shipment of organic onesies from American Apparel. I use RIT dye on the non-organic cotton, but I was thinking of using natural dyes on the organic.

Does anyone out there have an opinion? Should I leave the organic cotton white or try natural dyes? (by natural I mean onion skins, berries, etc)

I appreciate the input!

CLARIFICATION-- I wasn't very clear on this, but I ordered WHITE organic onesies this time (not the natural color). This is why I was thinking of dyeing them. If they were natural in color, I would leave them that way. I will try the natural dyeing on muslin first, good idea!

2 comments:

crankymommy said...

I vote to leave the organic cotton as-is. I like that natural look.

Kandy Christensen said...

I think either leaving it natural, or dying it with the berries. It doesn't make sense to get something chemical free and then dump it in chemicals. Try beets. I remember Martha had an article about naturally dying easter eggs, I wonder if that would work on clothes. Maybe get some unbleached muslin (since it is cheap and relatively the same color) and test it on that.