Monday, August 20, 2007

Or I might not post until Monday

Hello from the rainy land of mushrooms. We have had thunderstorms and heavy rain here all weekend and predicted for the next 4 days (it is dark and rainy now). The pumpkins are loving it, but it makes for a pretty depressing Monday. I got up earlier than usual this morning and all I can think about is crawling back into bed.

The company picnic was pretty lame. The actual location had been confused so many times (there are 2 parks that are close to each other and it was at the furthest park) that I think many people gave up on coming. The food was cold when I got there, so how many people are going to eat cold hamburgers and hotdogs that have been sitting there for 2 hours? There were few desserts, so my snickerdoodles got eaten quickly. I got bored after awhile and starting filling water balloons. I didn't actually throw any, but filling them was enough to entertain me.

We did go see Alice Cooper and he and his band were great. What was not so great were the people bumping into me for 2 hours. It was the first time I had ever seen Alice Cooper. The show started off a little slow, but once they got into a groove it was great. There was a song with a vampire baby and Alice stakes the baby. Then they brought out a gallows and hung him! There were intervals where just the band played that were awesome as well. We had the best funnel cake ever!

Saturday was supposed to be about working around the house. Our friend came to stay overnight, so that disrupted the plan. We decided to play games and watch the Packers on tv instead of going to a movie. A game was chosen without my input. At the start of the game, I said that it wasn't the type of game I enjoyed playing and maybe I shouldn't play. At the end of the game I was accused of cheating and making the game "no fun". You would think that guests in your home would behave better. Duane didn't stick up for me. I went to my bedroom and was pretty upset for the rest of the night. Duane decided to drink more and stayed up till 2. We were having bad thunderstorms and the dog was very restless. I didn't sleep well at all.

More rain on Sunday. I held an open house at a friend's listing. A couple of people came so it wasn't totally boring. We went to Janesville after that to visit with my parents. They had been up late the night before so we were all tired. We watched The Night Listener (totally strange movie with Robin Williams) and had yummy pizza for dinner.

I did take care of my friend's bunny, Floyd, this weekend. He was a cutie! I should have taken a picture of him.

1 comment:

Kandy Christensen said...

You are the random pet people. A bunny- I love bunnies. We had a bunny named Atilla-the-bun when I was a kid.