Monday, August 20, 2007

Money Saving

Work hasn't been so awesome for me this year. I have a closing at the end of the month, but my last closing was in March. This means that I have made no money for 4 months, but I have been paying my office costs (so I am in the red). Instead of digging ourselves out of debt, we have been getting further in. One thing keeping us from baby making is the debt. I could take a part-time job, but I would need to make a decent wage to make it worth my while. How many $12/hr part time jobs are out there?

We need to cut costs. I will be reading The Hot Librarian's blog for money saving tips and probably purchasing the Tightwad Gazette. We eat out way too much and part of that is Duane's eating out at lunchtime. He has a hard time saying no when his friends at work ask him to go to lunch. I don't think it is fair to say that (we) shouldn't eat dinner out as much, but he can eat lunch out as much as he wants. I already clip coupons to save money, but I don't shop the sales at grocery stores very diligently.

I am hoping that the staging class I am taking this week will help out business. The only way it will help out my business is if I promote it. I came into the office early this morning to do some calling, but I haven't done any.

Duane and I also need to take advantage of the gym membership we pay for. We have a great gym and we like going there when we go. I am going to check into the times for different classes. I think Duane will love step aerobics and yoga don't you? :)

No comments: