Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Help Me Out

I could use some help from all you readers out there. I have a website for work and I could use comments/suggestions/criticism on it. I pay a monthly fee for it and I need to make sure it works effectively.

www.careypiersonc21.com

Also, the majority of hits I get are from people using the house search function. I could require a login to use this function, but I am afraid that people will go elsewhere instead of creating a login id. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

The internet is painfully slow at the office today, so I may check out early. I have some shopping to do! (well actually I need new sheers for the living room window because it is 14 feet wide and right now everyone can see right in!)

5 comments:

crankymommy said...

I think you should change the "personal" section of your profile to more of a narrative, welcoming potential new clients and sharing a little bit about yourself.

Dr. The Bird Man said...

I think that your contact info on the front page should be over on the right side next to the picture of the house...and it should be a larger font.

Dr. The Bird Man said...

I also think that the Century 21 banner and the house picture banner should thinner. Their thickness require the reader to scroll down to find and information. At least in firefox.

Carey said...

Thank you for taking the time to give me your opinions. I can definitely change the profile section. The template is a preset thing, but I am going to look into making those changes as well.

Kandy Christensen said...

I agree with what everyone else says, where are you on this page? I also agree that you need to beef up the personal section. Does everyone know what NAR and WRA stand for? I would almost spell them out and put the acronym in parenthesis. Plus you need to add more info about the staging. And no log in unless it gets to the point where you need to collect personal data. I am so tired of having to create a user id and password just to click on a site. It turns me away from a lot of sites. It can act as a good deterrent to get serious people, but also as a deterrent for people who might not be quite ready.