Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend

Well the weekend was busy but fun.

The closing Friday morning went well, other than the seller not giving notice to one of the tenants and the POD not fitting into the driveway. Both things have since been resolved in a good way though.

Duane's picnic was nice, although no one else had their spouse there. People in his department are pretty used to seeing me around though.

My company picnic was lame though. There was hardly anyone there and the food was just ok. The weather was nice though.

My showings that night went well and my buyers seemed to really like one of the properties. I haven't heard anything back yet though.

We ended up staying up way to late though, because Duane wanted to hang out with work people at Old Chicago. Golf time came way too early on Saturday.

Golfing was a lot of fun. I did not care for the course at all though and probably will not golf again. It was pretty expensive and the greens were not well maintained. I put sunscreen on but missed some spots. :(

Duane did his fantasy football draft thing and I went home for awhile. It was a good compromise because the draft things bored the crap out of me last year.

We went to see the Steepwater Band at the UW Union. They have a Terrace area on the lake that it is really nice for concerts. A friend has been involved with this band for quite awhile, so we always try to see them when they are in town. Unfortunately the Union had some creep-o terrible singer on for way too long. Apparently he won some sort of Idol contest. I had to see who had lost. The real opening band was good, The Sleepers, as was Steepwater. It made for another late night though.

Sunday we had lunch with our two friends that were in town for the draft and Steepwater concert (there were other people there). I had an awesome pizza with pesto, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, feta, tomatoes, and prosciutto. It really wasn't worth $13 though.

After that we stopped by a For Sale by Owner open house. It is someone at Duane's company that he knows pretty well. I gave them some advice, being the nice person that I am.

We also watched Just Like Heaven with Mark Ruffalo (cutie!) and Reese Witherspoon. Duane complained that it was competely predictable and formulaic. I liked it!

No comments: