Friday, August 25, 2006

No work week

I have been terribly sloth-like this week and haven't gotten much work done. I am at work right now, reading blogs instead of working.

By the way, that Shaft movie culminated in a large pink pulsing object being blown up with a Stinger missle. I can't believe Naomi Watts was in that movie!

I bought another sweater on QVC. I go on weird QVC streaks about this time of the year, especially when they start with the Christmas gifts. The 3 things I bought so far did not cost anymore than they would have in a store (in one case much less) and are way more useful that the stupid laser level and painting crap thing I bought 2 years ago.

I just found out that Tantric will be playing at the Taste of Madison next weekend. We are already scheduled to visit my sister and there is no rescheduling. This was a free concert too!

We are going to eat at a new restaurant in Madison tonight called Sardine to celebrate my friend's engagement. Hopefully Duane will find something he can eat without picking it to pieces. He is a lot more adventursome in his eating now than he ever has been.

I am going to be sending out Packers schedules with my fabulous business card on them, so let me know if you want one.

I started to watch the new Willy Wonka last night and found it fascinating. I think other people said Johnny Depp was creepy in this movie, but it started out really cool. I fauxvo'd (not my word) so maybe I will watch it tonight.

I will get a picture up of our Flor rug one of these days when it actually gets put together correctly (this weekend hopefully!).

I have so many projects (friends, family, and personal) and I just need to write them all down. Nothing will get done otherwise.

Fabulous thunder and lightening the past couple of days here. Sun Prairie seems to be insulated in a strange way so we don't get the hail or tornados. Fine by me!

1 comment:

pattonjr5 said...

naomi watts was in the shaft before mulholland dr came out. she was also in tank girl & children of the corn iv (charlize was in corn iii). as an actress in waiting, she had to work to get experience & money. perhaps you live on a large stipend from your rich parents.

actually i thought she was hilarious--playing this camp--a mock on this kind of film (as some idiots thought she should play king kong & the ring). remember when she proclaimed in answer to guys don't act that way, 'i'm a girl'--tongue firmly placed in cheek.