Monday, August 28, 2006

Everybody's working for the weekend

Friday's dinner was good, but I will have to order something different next time. Duane had skate in a lemon butter caper sauce, which was super tasty. I had the special, which was tuna. I guess I thought that a fancy place would cook tuna correctly without my asking, but they didn't. It was served over a sweet corn mash with tri-color cherry tomatoes, which was tasty.

We had an appetizer of meats including some duck liver mousse. I tried it, but it was kind of weird. They didn't give you enough crostini either.

Dessert was a caramel pot de creme with a couple of sugar cookies. It was tasty, but next time I will try something just for me (like the lemon meringue tart).

My friend's engagement ring was beautiful! We talked a bit about how much weddings cost (she missed our wedding due to a work conflict). Our wedding was about $10,000 and we did everything ourselves (except music and pictures). She was shocked.

Saturday:

We did get the Flor rug in place and I will have to take a picture of it.

In the process of returning the fabric samples for the possible future couch, we ordered it! We ordered it in a totally different fabric that we weren't considering without taking it home and checking it out in the room. I think it will be ok though (I had to use some skills from watching Get Color on HGTV).

Saturday must not have been that memorable as I can't remember what else we did!

Sunday:

Duane was mowing the lawn and decided the trees really needed pruning. The trees really did need pruning, but now I have a lot of wood to cut up. I spent a lot of time outside working that I hadn't planned on. It was stuff that needed to be done and it was nice out.

Duane goes to LA tomorrow afternoon until Friday. I need to work at home and at work this week AND plan everything to take to my sister's this weekend. Hopefully I won't stay up late watching tv like I usually do when Duane is away.

I got my hair cut this morning and found out that the big poufy brushes that were used to brush off all the hair clippings have been outlawed! (something about being too difficult to clean) Towels are the only thing you can use and just don't work as well. Duane said I should buy my own poufy brush and bring it will me each time.

No comments: