Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Great news!!

I talked to Dr. Susan (our vet's office is women only, Dr. Sandy and Dr. Susan) and Hershey's numbers are way better!! His kidney values are down in the normal range, so they don't think he has kidney disease. One of his liver values is down, but the other one (alk phos) is still off the charts. She said he was wagging his tail and eating!! She advised that I can go to San Diego and not worry. He will be getting subq fluids at the kennel and will have his bloodwork rechecked on Tuesday.

I had her go ahead and order some liver support meds (~$100/month, yikes!). The liver can heal itself, and these meds could be very beneficial. He will finish up his iv fluids and I will pick him up tonight.

Now I just have to do the 9 million things I need to do to be ready to leave tomorrow.

No comments: