Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thoughts on the Challenge

Duane and I ended the Food Stamp Challenge a little early (I never did cook those beans). My Mom wanted to have lunch on Thursday and who was I to insist that she have a pb sandwich and an apple? We did have a Food Stamp dinner that night but we went out for Greek food on Friday night.

Our conclusions: The feeling that you can't eat whatever you want whenever you want sucks. The idea that a lot of people have those feelings sucks. The idea that people have no clue that they could feel better about themselves by eating better (because they can't afford it) sucks.

We have also considering eating 1 day out of the week each week for $3. The non-sucky parts were: not eating out so much, actually eating some breakfast and a good lunch (I usually don't), drinking more water instead of soda, and being more aware about food in general.

The sewing project I worked on on Thursday was a doll blanket. I finished the baby blanket awhile ago for this gift, but the older sister of the baby is getting the doll blanket.

My buyers that cancelled their offer are getting their earnest money back, which is a weight off of my mind. They received an offer on their condo (in 1 week instead of 6 months), so now we have to find something else for them to buy.

On Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market to take some pictures and eat. After that we went to a small craft fair. We were unusually unmotivated to buy anything (usually we love buying things from local craftspeople). We did end up with some magnets, cute greeting cards, and pins. I asked Duane what he thought about me getting more into my crafty side and selling things on Etsy. He approved.

Sunday involved some house showings, speeding to Milwaukee for a lunch date, and Duane almost missing his flight to Philly. Good times.

Yesterday I spent the day shopping with my Mom. She goes back to work next week and I will miss the time we have had to work on sewing projects and hanging out. The shopping was for shorts and a dress/skirt to wear at a wedding. I tried on about 10 dresses, none of which fit correctly. It was extremely strange to have things be too loose on the top!! I never thought small boobs was one of my problems. I finally found a skirt and top that are pretty cute. I had a terrible time with shorts, but I finally found a couple. My waist is smaller than my butt and hips, and they are cutting shorts very straight these days. The perils of shopping.

Duane is enjoying Philly. He ate here last night and he ate this:

The classic cut of a Delmonico dry aged steak seasoned and broiled to create delicate porcini mushroom crust with a light drizzling of premium 8-year aged balsamic.

Rough life he has. :)

No comments: