Sunday, June 10, 2007

Groceries

Bread $2.19
Milk $2.49
Apples $2.99
Lettuce $1.58
Potatoes $3.49 (10lbs)
Black beans (4 lbs dry) $2.49
Brown Rice (2 lbs) $1.29
Carrots (2 lbs) $2.00
Celery $1.09
Bananas $1.08
PB $1.89
Chicken $3.99
Diet Dr Pepper $3.00

My plan is to eat a peanut butter sandwich for lunch every day with an apple. Banana and a glass of milk for breakfast. Celery and carrots for snacks. A combo of chicken, rice, beans, or potatoes for dinner with a salad. Yes, the above adds up to more than $21, but the chicken, rice, and potatoes will be split between Duane and I.

Yesterday I had a pb sandwich with an apple for lunch. I had 2 Diet Dr Peppers, which I am going to try to not have (25 cents a piece takes up a lot of the $3 total). I was really busy yesterday and only had some celery with pb for dinner and a glass of milk.

I am not counting today as it was all free food. I am going to add an extra day at the end.

It looks like my current deal is dead, but it is for the best. Duane comes back tomorrow night.

No comments: