Thursday, January 17, 2008

RIP

May our battered and chewed laptop power cord rest in peace. It finally gave out a few days ago so we have been without the laptop. A new cord is being shipped as we speak, so hopefully we will be online in the living room again soon! We do have a desktop computer, but you know it isn't as convenient.

I am also sick, and my supervisor probably gave it me (she is off in Mexico right now, but she was sick right before she left). I have been pushing the Airborne, which seems to be keeping the worst symptoms at bay. I left the house without my purse this morning though, so I guess the Airborne doesn't improve your memory.

Duane's beer glasses from Belgium were shipped on Monday (oddly enough right after I enquired if the order had shipped). I am hoping they don't show up this weekend though, as the high on Saturday is -2. I am also waiting on something else that I ordered 2.5 weeks ago, which also (oddly enough) shipped right after I enquired WTH it was. I don't know if orders slip through the cracks when you use Paypal, but that is the second time that happened.

The family comes this Saturday (on the -2 day). I have the apps nailed down, but not a veggie lasagna recipe. Spinach is the default, but I would like to find something a little more exciting.

Work has been going well. I had a good talk with my "new" manager. The staff typically use one manager and she wasn't my manager previously. We talked about my interest in staging and it sounds like more opportunities will be coming down the line.

Alright, I am headed home now. I am hoping the road conditions are better (and not worse) than this morning. We were supposed to get a significant amount of snow (6 inches), but they backed that down to 2-4. Since I don't have my purse, I don't have my cell phone either.

No comments: