Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Holy Crap am I behind

December 15th was the last time I posted? You would think I had forgotten I had a blog.

Well the NYE party actually happened to be a party without the afore mentioned guests. Since a couple of our friends were going to be there (i.e. we weren't going out), I decided that we could invite some other people. My little sister and her husband came, Duane's mentoree and her husband came, and later another friend of Duane's from work stopped by.

The party preporation got slammed into Sunday night on Monday afternoon as we had unexpected company and a birthday party. We went bowling Friday night with the 2 friends that were to come over for NYE. We "some" how ended up buying Rockband (a PS2 game with a guitar, mike, and drum set) and the friends stayed over Friday and Saturday. We stayed up late both nights playing the game (which is fun).

The food for the party all turned out (good thing I invited people that like their meat rare). My sister brought an excellent salad and succotash (made with honey yum!). I made flank steak and a 2 potato dish. One of our guests bought a french silk pie for dessert. We had good food and played Rockband, Singstar (which is a lot harder than singing in Rockband), and the Wii. I will remember for the future to NOT drink champagne out of a regular glass because then you somehow end up drinking a whole bottle yourself and the result is NOT a good one.

Yesterday was a veg day but we did watch the third Pirates movie. Not as ridiculous as the second, but not any good either.

Boots also had a stressful weekend and spent all Monday and part of Tuesday at the vet. It was due to the mystery peeing problem that he had once before. Our animals always seem to get sick on the weekends! We took him in right away on Monday. He will need to eat a special food (which he ate when he had the problem before) for the rest of his life (i.e. we shouldn't stop feeding it to him) because this problem is such a mystery (most likely caused by stress).

Christmas was good all around. Duane bought me a necklace he picked out at an antique mall in Pasadena. I found some great things for him at the Columbus antique mall that he liked. 10 days before Christmas he mentioned he would like these certain Belgian beer glasses. I told him I would do my best (he says, "well can't you just go on the internet and order them?) and it turned out that all local suppliers were sold out! I ended up ordering 4 different glasses from a Belgian website and I have NO idea when they might show up.

Alright, I should get back to work. More later!

No comments: