Friday, July 06, 2007

My first wife was 'tarded, now she's a pilot

Sometimes there is so much to talk about that I start writing a post and then freeze up.



btw: Ashton Kutcher is pretty hot



My seminar last Thursday went well and I will have another one this month. Friday involved making ice cream (strawberry and double chocolate) to take to Missouri. I also went to a baby shower for someone at work. 2 ultrasounds were read as a baby girl, but the mommy-to-be couldn't stop obsessesing about the baby coming out with a penis. Friday night we went to see The Steepwater Band at the Terrace. They play there once a summer and we always go to support them. There were plenty of people there this year. We got home at 1:30, and got up at 5.



The drive to Missouri was uneventful. I got to drive 95 behind 2 Arkansas drivers. We arrived in Missouri and greated Cate, Conor, and the beautiful Eva (Toby and Barlow too). We went out to lunch at Flat Branch Tavern, that place has great food and beer! We prepared for a dinner party (I am happy we brought all that beer!). The dinner party was excellent. Cate and Conor served some amazing organic beef hamburgers that were the best beef I have ever tasted! Duane and I were both exhausted but we had a great time.

Sunday morning we slept in. Cate, Eva, and I went out to hit the local antique malls. I found some great owls for Duane's office and I cool rooster tea pot for the kitchen. Cate found a great butter dish, and Eva got a chewable wool lamb. Duane bought some earrings for me from a local artisan. Sunday night involved some awesome pizza, drinking, Idiocracy, and a brief Trivial Pursuit game. Monday morning was breakfast at an awesome cafe and then we hit the road.

We will miss Cate, Conor, and Eva terribly until we have the occasion to see each other again.

Duane was convinced to cloth diaper any future babies, and I was moved towards baby making.

2 comments:

Dr. The Bird Man said...

Were you moved towards baby making by the coolness of Eva or by the fear inducing Idiocracy?

Carey said...

Mostly by the coolness of Eva, she is such a sweetheart!