Monday, July 09, 2007

Etsy shop

I am trying to come up with a snazzy name for my Etsy shop. I don't think the name of the shop has to have anything to do with what you are selling.

Hersheyfrogs (Hershey is my dog and I collect frog related items)
SunshineSnazzyKitty
CreateMyBrain
CrazyShitRUs (maybe not)
Yourbabywearswhat
I will accept any and all suggestions or tell me which one of the names above you like the best.


Duane and I hit up Art vs. Craft in Milwaukee yesterday. We went last year for the first time and it was pretty cool. Not many craft shows have tap beer and music; however, this year was kind of lame. We went towards the end of the second day, so we could have missed all the cool stuff. There was no tap beer (PBR in cans) and it seemed like there were fewer vendors. The art part of the show seemed to be lacking. There were a lot of prints, but they were very psychedelic and scary.


I will go to the Renegade Craft Fair again this year in Chicago and there will be DEPART-ment at the Pitchfork Music Festival. I love these shows, but it will also be recon for my Etsy shop. I didn't see anything like the items I am thinking of making for my shop at the Milwaukee show. I did pick up one of these (see below). It is a Scrap Cat made by a woman that has a shop just off of State St in Madison (Glitter Workshop). I haven't been to the physical store (way too many cute things to buy).

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

yourbabywearswhat is my favorite. I believe Conor agrees.

Carey said...

I like yourbabywearswhat too. The other names are suck.

Kandy Christensen said...

I do like yourbabywearswhat but worry that you will get stuck in a very specific niche. If that is what you want then go for it. If not I do have a fondness for hersheyfrogs.

Dr. The Bird Man said...

How about Carey'sCreations? That has a bit of a cheese factor but also nice alliteration. Otherwise yourbabywearswhat is also my fav. You could make stuff for baby's and parents, but also gifts for guys' girlfriends.

Carey said...

I agree that yourbabywearswhat could be a specific niche, but I think the bird man has a point as well. Thanks for all the input!