Monday, July 23, 2007

(end)Week update

Wednesday was good workshop day, although I hurt my thumb. I ended up getting a nasty looking bruise. It is still a little stiff.

Last Thursday I managed to drop my wallet in the parking lot at Menards. I didn't realize that I had lost it until about 2 hours later. Luckily someone had turned it in. Duane and I were at the weekly volleyball slaughter when I went to get gas after and couldn't find my wallet. Duane went and picked it up for me and they made him give me name and address on my I.D. Well luckily Duane remembered the really old address that is on my drivers license!

On Friday I hosted a Lia Sophia party at my sister's house in Janesville. I had to run out to the west-side to pick up my wallet because Duane hadn't left it at the house for me (!!). I have been to a ton of jewelry/clothes/stamping parties hosted by my sister and figured it was time for me to get some free stuff. The party went well and got about $100 worth of free stuff. The food I made kind of stunk though. Last week I got strawberries that were really sweet, but the strawberries I got this week weren't so great. I made pita chips, but I think the humidity screwed them up. I made brownies for Duane which I didn't cook long enough and pecan pie bars for the party which turned out decently. I found the ants that were in my kitchen a week or so ago all drowned in my light corn syrup though!

Saturday was the wedding of one my friends. We used to be closer before I met Duane and before she met her new husband. The wedding was an afternoon affair and was short and sweet. We played 18 holes of golf after that. Duane couldn't hit the ball for anything and was no fun to play with. He got better on the back 9. I didn't do too terribly but I definitely need to play more.

Sunday was a day of leisure and we didn't do too much.

Work-wise: I have another seminar this week. I need to work on my presentation a bit. I am having some difficulties with my current deal, but everything should be resolved this week. My work website is down because I let the domain expire. The adminstrator hasn't gotten back to me about renewing it yet (!).

Fun-work: I got my WI seller's permit in the mail. I need to get that to American Apparel as there was no response to my previous email. My sister asked me to make some onesies for her, so I need to get those done tonight. Maybe I will get some other sewing done tonight too! :)

No comments: