Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Work picks up and the weekend

We will now have money to pay for the travel and hotel part of our trip next month.

I got a lead from work last week that paid off in an accepted offer yesterday with a closing in a couple of weeks! I swear sometimes it is just luck, but I must know how to do this job (at least a little bit!).

This weekend Duane and I sampled beers at the Ale Asylum brewery on Friday night and some great beers at Cocoliquot on Saturday night. Duane had the Hopalicious on Friday and really liked it. The hoppy taste is right at the front when you drink it, instead of being bitter as it goes down your throat (as other hoppy beers can be). On Saturday night I had a La Fin Du Monde, Duane and a Appenzeller Holzfass-Bier, and then Duane and I split a giant bottle of Corsendonk Abbey Ale.

At dinner on Saturday we had an excellent cheese plate (although one of the cheeses was creamy with a weird bitter taste), frites (fries), and mussels for an appetizer. Our main dishes were not that exciting and I wish we had skipped them. Duane had a whitefish. I had venison prepared in two ways (stewed and grilled). It was tasty, but not worth $26 to me. The dessert plate was outstanding. It had vanilla creme brulee, a honey cake with lemon creme and blueberry compote, a chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, pomegranate ice cream in a chocolate spoon, and milk chocolate something with banana. Yum yum!

My weekend was very busy with work and leisure. I had a friend in town from Chicago. We visited Paoli where there is a small art gallery with a fabulous restaurant. We had a great lunch. We visited a few shops there, but I didn't find anything to buy. I worked before we went to Paoli and after, and most of the day on Sunday. Sunday evening we went to my parent's house and had a nice dinner.

Duane's birthday is tomorrow. He will be 29. If you know his email address, give him a shout. My birthday is on Friday. I will be older than Duane.

I must go shopping now. We will be watching The Departed, Beerfest, or An Inconvenient Truth tonight as Veronica Mars is not on (and no I do not want to watch the Pussycat Dolls find a new member).

No comments: