Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Problemos

Well, even though my buyers have given up on the bad inspection house, the seller does not want to roll over as easily. I will be talking to one of my buyers tomorrow about the situation (face to face finally). The only way to really get out of the deal may be to lose $500 in earnest money.

Also work related, I was given a lead last Friday. An older woman was selling her house and the deal fell through on the house she thought she was moving to. It wasn't the greatest lead (ie she was not buying a million dollar house and I would have paid 20% of my commission to the person who gave me the lead). She said she was going to look at a house and would let me know if it didn't work out. Well I didn't go after her full bore (where is this house..are you working with another realtor?) because I don't really believe in hounding people. I called her on Monday and she let me know that she was going to buy that house. She called me today freaking out because those sellers wouldn't return her calls. I assured I would do everything I could to help her (the house is a fsbo that refused to pay any commission to a realtor). The sellers did finally call her back and assured her that they were going to sell to her. She thanked me so much for talking with her and offering my help (she wanted to give me money). I am sending her some business cards and she promised to refer me. I think this is a better resolution to the scenario then if I had hounded her and possibly cost her the fsbo house. I suppose that is why it will take me a little longer to make the megabucks in this job.

The laptop is not charging the battery right now. The devil kitty (aka Boots) put a tooth mark into the ac adapter, which seemed to be ok after a little electrical tape. "Something" happened to the plug-in part on the laptop which bent it slightly. We have been fiddling with it for about a week to make the ac adapter plug in to the laptop and it seems we may have fiddled too much. The ac adapter will run the laptop but not charge the battery.

I guess that is only 2 problems.

OK Go was pretty decent last night. The concert was sponsered by Jack Daniels, but we did not know that they would only be serving Jack Daniels. Luckily for Duane, there is another bar in the same building (10 feet away no less!) so he could have a beer (well 2 because I did not like my selection). He was then more amenable to the free Jack Daniels drinks (they gave you 2 tickets per person). So a free concert and free booze! I didn't like every single song they played, but they were quite fun and entertaining.

Oh..also my dumb self realized that I would miss 3 out of 5 woodworking classes that I signed up for while we are on vacation (26 days till!) Luckily I am able to transfer the money I already paid (for a $5 fee of course) to the next session of the class.

We might go see the new movie 300 tonight or veg at home watching America's Next Top Model.

No comments: