Monday, March 19, 2007

Vending machine karma

I have complained in earlier posts that I am very likely to be the target of malcontent vending machines, but today I was vindicated!

I was supposed to have lunch with Duane before I took him to the airport (last minute trip to CA this week). He wasn't ready to go, so no time for lunch. I went back to work and purused the vending machine selections. There was a cup of EasyMac that seemed decent enough and I had a 1$ coin to use. The machine keep spitting the coin out (even though it is clearly indicated that the machine accepts such coins) but I persisted. On one of my tries, 2 1$ coins spit out along with the one I put in!! I figure this makes up for the earlier money I have lost (and the machine did eventually take my coin).

On a related note, read the fine print on snacks in the vending machine. I ended up with chocolate "flavor" coated pretzels (totally nasty!) instead of the chocolate "covered" pretzels I thought they were.

No comments: