Monday, July 10, 2006

Last weekend

Duane and I went to Summerfest to see Nine Inch Nails. I have been reading in Rolling Stone that concert attendance has been suffering, but I didn't believe it till that night. I haven't been to a concert in the main amphitheater at Summerfest in awhile. They used to be packed! The Nine Inch Nails concert had availability for free seats during the whole show! I felt pretty silly for paying $40 for my ticket.

We walked around and ate beforehand. I had these awesome macaroni and cheese bites. You cut a pan a macaroni and cheese into wedges and deep fry it. Yum, yum. Duane had ribs and we split some cajun shrimp. There was a big country star there that night and CMT was filming his concert. It was too funny seeing the mohawk tatooed people walking around with the cowboy boots and hat people. Toss in some old folks and families and it was an interesting bunch!

Peaches and Bauhaus opened for Nine Inch Nails and they are both pretty hard core. It was difficult to get into the goth mind set with the sun shining. The Peaches lead singer was walking around in hot pink underwear and singing about cock (I think every song had cock in it), but it was a show better suited to a dark venue. (I would say dark and smoky, but we had PLENTY of smoke).

Nine Inch Nails didn't come on until it got dark, so that was better. They had an awesome LED screen in front of the stage and video screens in back. They projected some really cool designs during the show. We had some good seats in the bleachers (not a ton of people around), until they let all the people in the free lawn seats move into the bleachers. :( Trent Reznor was just amazing to watch and pretty hot too!

There were many crimes of fashion including the girl with the mesh shirt and nothing underneath, and some weird sightings (2 guys I went to high school with).

It was a long and hot day, but fun. We meant to get back to Summerfest to see some of the other free concerts, but the $15 ticket price and 1.5 hour drive kept us away.

We also saw a little of Dierks Bentley and Joan Jett that night too.

2 comments:

Dr. The Bird Man said...

I never would have pegged you for a Nine Inch Nails fan. Awesome.

Carey said...

I have very unconventional music tastes that seem to have little rhyme or reason to them (or so Duane says). It must have a melody and little to no screaming. I also like Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne. Mix in a little Britney Spears and there you go!