Monday, July 10, 2006

I probably shouldn't post about this

Duane will probably get on my case for this. I am not saying any names though and no one that reads my blog knows these people.

This is the sad and terrible thing that I mentioned the other day. I have a couple with a baby that are relatives of a good friend of ours, and have become our friends. After much work, I got them an accepted offer on a great condo. They haven't made the greatest decisions in their life, so they were always a bit of a risk.

I hadn't heard from them and it was making me nervous. I got a message last week Wednesday that they were at the hospital with the baby and I called them back. She was crying so hard she couldn't talk. I couldn't get a hold of them again that day. I made Duane call the hospital and go by there.

It turned out that the husband hurt the baby(by accident) and that she had to go to the hospital. Child Protection Services is involved now and there is legal action pending (he may even get jail time).

I finally got an email from the wife. The baby is ok (thank god). They can't buy the condo now, but that should be ok right? The volume of people that do not understand (no matter how many times you explain it) that an accepted offer is a legally binding contract is astounding. Many people think they can just change their minds.

I am angry, but trying not to be. It is a horrible situation for them to be in, how could I be angry? My manager isn't in today, so I have to wait to talk to her. I have to explain to the seller's agent that they are screwed now and have to put the house back on the market. This was not a great deal for the sellers to being with. Their condo had been on the market for months and they were finally selling it for less than they originally paid for it! All my hard work was for nothing and perhaps I am angry at myself for thinking that they wouldn't screw this up.

I need to stop thinking about it and writing it out helps.

No comments: