Monday, September 12, 2005

Home sweeeeeeet home

Duane and I made it back home from our fabulous European vacation last Friday night around midnight. Our Detroit to Madison flight was supposed to arrive at 10:30, but we had to switch planes after they couldn't fix the brakes on our original place. Yes, I would like a plane that can stop after it lands.

I had a baby shower on Saturday and we spent most of the day apart. It was nice to talk to people other than Duane, not that talking to Duane is bad or anything. We spent Sunday hanging out with family.

What did Duane and I both learn on our trip? We learned that Duane does not listen to me, even when he really should. Will that change? Not if this weekend is any indication. He stayed up late Friday night and was up early on Saturday. He didn't take a nap on Saturday, and slept 7 hours Saturday night. I did tell him he would get tired. He scoffed at me and then proceeded to fall into a coma like state around dinner time on Sunday.

I also thought that he should not bring his wallet on the trip. He insisted on bringing his wallet. At least he let me keep it in my zippered and tightly regulated bag. This did not keep him from leaving his wallet in he post office at the train station in Vienna though, which was really the only bad moment of the trip.

I am going to try and set up a picture album thingy and will link to it when I get it set up.

I am going to say that I no longer have to pay to go to the bathroom in public and beer is no longer cheaper than soda or water.

No comments: