Monday, September 19, 2005

Bathroom renovation

Ok. Whoever did the tile job in our bathroom used adhesive and glued it to the plywood subfloor. I guess this is an accepted method of tiling, but in my world you use thinset (cement-like). The difference is that it could take an afternoon to take up the tile or it could take 1 1/2 days!

So the demolition of the bathroom took all weekend, instead of 1 day. We have a large hole in the floor right now where the wood was actually wet! We removed all the wet stuff and will put down new plywood. The wet wood smelled really nasty.

We did pick out some awesome tile for the floor. It is slate, so it will require a little extra care in installing. We liked it better than the ceramics than we were seeing. We also picked out a new toilet and sink.

I am looking forward to NC this weekend!! It looks like shorts are in order as it is hot there.

It is surreal to me that my job will be ending soon. I haven't finished a couple of the projects that I started for myself either. I better get on the ball.

No comments: