Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New shoes!

Ok, so I vacuumed water Friday night and Saturday morning it was all back again. I went to Janesville for Saturday and Sunday to hang out with family. By Sunday night the ground had dried out enough, so that Duane and I got the water all vacuumed up. Duane had a freak out episode before we cleaned it up which wasn't very nice.

Last night I was going to start mopping the floor as the basement is starting to smell icky. Duane is off again, this time for work. I think we had both kind of "forgotten" that there was drywall in the bathroom, as it is covered up by some icky paneling. I ripped off the paneling and then discovered that some mold was growing at the bottom on the soggy drywall. I then proceeded to rip out every piece of drywall. This created quite a mess (I will post pictures later). I have to clean up this mess tonight (I was pooped out last night). I am also going to mow the lawn tonight.

I think I should at least get some new shoes for all my effort, maybe a new purse too.

I think one day soon my thoughts will not be filled with the water in my basement or the effort needed to clean up my basement.

1 comment:

Kandy Christensen said...

I think you definitely deserve new shoes. Ugh, that is the worst mess ever. I'd suggest a dehumidifier as well to help get rid of the stank. My parents basement used to flood all the time. They were lucky to have child labor to clean it up for them!