Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Another sunny day!

Well I stayed at work late last night so I am mowing the lawn tonight. Why mow the lawn (as it is not my chore)? We have to put out all the garbage on Friday and I figured I should mow the lawn before I put all the garbage on it. I could just mow the spot where I am going to be putting the garbage. That would be classy. The city is only having 2 pick up days for flood garbage (as we just moved to a new garbage policy of only 1 container) and Friday is the last day. We didn't know about these "special" days last week.

I did get all the drywall and paneling cleaned up, although I wanted to quit after I got the drywall up. The basement smells much better, so that was definitely the main source of the ick smell. My utility sink won't drain though despite much plunging and some clog buster. I am going to try some industrial strength clog buster tonight. Hopefully it works because A) I don't want to "snake it" and B) I can't do laundry because the washing machine drains into this sink and it overflows (figured that out last night).

Tomorrow night I am going on a 2 hour lake cruise as a "fun" outing for Duane's work. We signed up before Duane had this trip and thus will be required to pay. 2 of Duane's friends from work are going though, so I can hang out with them. This cruise is typically called the "drunk boat" as you cruise around, drink, eat appetizers, and drink some more. It isn't like the lake it cruises on is really that big.

We might go to IKEA on Sunday as long as all the house stuff gets done on Saturday. IKEA is a fun trip for me although I am sure Duane will try to go to some bar/liquor store even though he had a TON of beer left over from last weekend.

Alright, I have to get home before 7:30 tonight and I need to go to the grocery store before I go home.

No comments: