Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wow

I am so happy it is frigid out and the roads are like giant ice rinks. Did I mention that it is 55 degrees in Belgium and I am going there in 8 days? Many of the houses have death icicles right now, the kind that look like they would slice right through you if you happened to be so unlucky to be walking under one when it fell off. Oh and the emergency brake seems to be frozen on my car so Duane and I have been carpooling.

This Friday were are going to a churascaria. This is a Brazillian all you can eat meat buffet! It is pricey, but oh so worth it. The one in Madison has gotten rave reviews, from the food to the decor. I will report back. Tomorrow night we are having dinner with my little sister and her husband.

Duane and I voted tonight! One of the talk radio stations was talking about Obama this morning totally self interpreting a statement his wife made while she was in town and dissing her for it. She made a statement that they had only paid off their student loans 3 years ago. The talk radio announcer said that she was trying to get people to think that they were just like the common man, but wait they live in a 1.2 million dollar house! I think she was saying that they both had student loan debt (like many people out there) and had finally gotten it paid off. The news stations are reporting the Obama has won here.

No tv tonight. We have been watching a bunch of movies, which has been fun too. I should get to the library and read something. I have a bad, bad habit of racking up library fines though (which I always pay). The local library checks books out for 2 weeks, and allows you to renew 3 times. My local library at home checks out books for 3 weeks, and allows you to renew 2 times. The two weeks comes up too fast and I forget to renew things.

Oh and this Saturday we are going to stand outside (and freeze) and drink cold beer! One of local breweries has a doppelbock fest every February. You stand outside in their beer garden, drink beer, and the eventually throw smoked fish off of the roof of the building. Everyone one tries to catch the fish because they contain coupons for free beer. Luckily you can stand far enough away that you don't get any fish parts on you. I avoided going last year by being the chauffeur, but a couple of Duane's friends from work (and their spouses) are going this year, so I can't be the party pooper.

There seems to be a million and one things to do, so I haven't gotten much done lately.

3 comments:

crankymommy said...

How could you have no tv when I had 3 competing shows?

We rarely watch movies anymore - maybe once a week. I need to cut my ties to reality television.

Carey said...

We don't watch American Idol or the Biggest Loser. We would probably like the Biggest Loser, but I think it was usually on when something else we watched was on. We do like America's Next Top Model and Survivor though! (both of which just started new seasons)

Kandy Christensen said...

I can't get over the part about throwing fish. Only in Wisconsin!!