Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Here I sit

Well, we are getting dumped again with the weather this week. We are quickly approaching the snowiest winter ever. The office is closed today, but no one put my name on the email that went out saying the office was closed today, so here I sit.

There were plenty of clues that I shouldn't come to work. The snowplow came by and plowed the driveway in just as I was getting my car cleaned off. I got my car stuck trying to get out of the driveway because I didn't shovel enough (and there was ice beneath the snow). The main highway to get to work was totally blocked due to jacknifed semis. I went through town and drove slowly. I checked my email and my messages before I left thinking that someone would tell me the office was closed if it was. Duane went to work this morning, so maybe we will meet up for dinner! (silver lining)

Saturday and Sunday involved some intense manual labor. A friend of ours is getting his house ready to sell and it needs quite a bit of fixing up. We spent the weekend painting, and I learned how to use my new paint sprayer. It works quite well, but it pretty tiring. You fill it up with 1.5 quarts of paint, and wave it around the walls. The sprayer itself has some weight to it, so your arms get pretty tired. I am excited about staging this house and getting it sold though.

Friday night Duane and I went to a UW Badger hockey game. We used to go more regularily (when we first met), but we hadn't been in quite awhile. It was fun and a great game. We had dinner afterwards at the Old Fashioned. A restaurant that prides itself on being very Wisconsin. All the beers on tap and in bottles are local brews (the imports on hand were Miller Lite and Budweiser). There are several cheese plate appetizers. We had a wurst appetizer that was excellent. I had a pulled pork sandwich and Duane had walleye.

My brother's 40th birthday party is this Saturday. It should be fun. It is a mexican fiesta/game theme. The Wii will be going and we are bringing Rockband and Singstar. The mexican part comes in because we were in Mexico 2 years ago for my little sister's wedding and we celebrated my brother's birthday there. He wanted to go to Mexico this year for his birthday, but it didn't work out.

Our trip is coming up in 3 weeks. We haven't figured out what we want to do for the last 3 days, but the other accomedations are planned. I hope we have good weather.

My New Years to dos are still going on, or I am still working on them anyway. I have been better about eating breakfast and lunch, and getting my vitamin and fish oil in. I haven't made the trek to the gym yet. I am still trying to get myself on some sort of schedule.

Oh and the tv schedule still sucks. American Gladiators is fun, but it ain't no Heroes.

No comments: