Friday, February 02, 2007

I am lost more often than not

Here I am again, another 10 days or so since the last post. At least I am not as bad as some bloggers who haven't posted for months (you know who you are).

I am here at the office waiting until I pick Duane up from the airport. We were in AZ last weekend and then he flew to LA to work instead of coming home. Good thing it is freeze your ass off weather here! Seriously the daytime temps are going to be in single digits with the lows being in the -10s. The dogs just don't understand that they can't go for walks when it is this cold. They figured it out today when they were both freezing towards the end.

We are planning on staying in all weekend and catching up on tv and watching movies. We may go out for a movie, but maybe not.

Work is slow right now. When you get caught up in Christmas and don't prospect, you don't have any clients in January. My little sister says her husband is antsy to buy something in Madison, so let's hope he finally commits! My little sister has also applied to UW-Madison's Physical Therapy program, so good vibes to her please.

Duane and I may go to a concert that I want to go to! It will be a pre-Valentine's Day thing because he is going to be gone on the actual date. I hate those stupid handling fees at Ticketmaster ($7!). The band is Blue October. They have a song on the radio now, and are from Chicago.

Duane's flight is now 20 minutes late, stupid O'hare. Good thing I decided to stay in the office and check it, otherwise I would have been at the airport WAY too early.

I have 2 baby blankets that I need to get in the mail and 3 more I could be potentially sewing (I have to decide if I want to make ones for 2 people at work). This weekend is all about getting projects done. I should make a list or nothing will get done.

I have Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest pictures to post. If I can figure out that flickr thing I should do it there. One more project for the list!

Did I mention that we bought a GPS system? It is the Tomtom 910 and it really is cool. It will be great for my work (when I get some clients) and it will be great in Europe. We bought the model we did because it is the only one that is pre-loaded with North America and Europe. You can buy additional maps for other units but that can be hundreds of dollars on top of the intial $400-500. We used it in AZ and it worked well. This model does have some glitches, but we bought an extended warranty.

Apparantly Duane's plane is on track to leave at the time it was supposed to get here! I am sure he will be happy about that (not).

No comments: