Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Is it that time already?

I wonder if I can take a picture of my hair without my face being in it? I always hate pictures of myself. My mom actually likes my hair, you know if I am going to be doing that to it (huh?).

Thanksgiving was nice and low key. I actually got up Friday at 5am and went shopping. Unfortunately I did not get one of the main things I wanted. I did not get this item because it was not located where those items are located in the store, and two employees misdirected me. They were gone by the time I found them. Luckily, it was really more of a wanted item than a needed item. I did get a new smaller digital camera. 2 years ago we bought a Canon (awesome camera), but did not have the extra $100 for the Elph. Love the camera we bought, and even though it isn't THAT big, it seems like it is. It doesn't fit in my purse or other bags very well and always seems like a pain to actually bring out and take a picture. I will be selling the old one though, so I will hopefully recoup some of the cost.

After the shopping I came home and slept for a bit. I ran down to Chicago to hang out with Kandy and go antique shopping. We went to an awesome antique store (www.bamchicago.com) with reasonable prices! I got a cool circular ice bucket with penguins on it and two metal trays. The next store we went to wasn't as great, but Kandy got a cool vintage Christmas tree there. We had an awesome dinner of tapas and then I went home (well to IKEA actually). IKEA was almost totally empty, so I am glad I went there later. I ended up checking out a tempermental self checkout, so I looked like one of those dorks that should not be checking out at the self checkout.

Duane came home on Saturday and we working around the house on Sunday. I also got a new garage door opener on Friday, so Duane worked on figuring that out. Our old one would open by remote, but it would only close if you were inside the garage. That doesn't work so well when are leaving. The garage does have to be cleaned out to actually fit the cars in there though.

It has been rainy here, but not bad temperature wise (which is supposed to change later this week). I have been trying to get all my lights set up outside. I am pretty close to being done.

The offer I was working on with my buyer has failed (the seller refused to budge and was being really unreasonable). We are back to looking at houses.

I found a beautiful bar cabinet (what I was looking for in Chicago) here in Madison!! It is $700 though. Way too much moola.

I put together a picture album at Shutterfly for a gift recently and just got it in the mail yesterday. It was REALLY nice! I can't wait to send it.

I am having lunch with Duane today. The BMW is in the shop for a squeaky belt and a possibly failing window motor. They seem to think it will be under $300, which would be nice!

No comments: