Tuesday, December 05, 2006

As usual

I am reading other blogs but not posting on mine. Bad me. I am stressed out this week. My family is coming to visit this Sunday. My house is not clean and my inside decorations are not up. Duane goes to LA today for one day and I want to go to Chicago on Friday.

I am in the middle of another offer for my buyer. I think this house is a better choice for him and think the process will go much more smoothly this time. The listing agent has already commended me for writing a clean offer!

"Friends" of ours recently sent me an email (it was a mass email) asking to help them sell their condo (they are selling it FSBO). I find it rather rude that they didn't even bother to contact me first. They know I am a realtor. I would have given them my opinion on the market and price without insisting that they list with me, but I guess they don't need my help. I think they have it listed a little high considering that their condo does not have a fireplace. The other comparable units that have sold recently have had fireplaces.

We also found out that a friend of ours is no longer employed. In the past he has never lasted long at a job, but this one seemed to be going well. I am worried about him, as his wife and child are living somewhere else. The brother that he is closest to is in Iraq as well.

I want a new kitty and Duane doesn't. He is afraid I will go get the kitten while he is in LA. I would not do that. I may bug him until he gives in however. Do we need another kitty? No.

Last weekend we went to a flea market that sucked. Wisconsin flea markets are no good. We are looking for some side tables for the living room and a bar cabinet. We also went bowling with people from Duane's work. It was fun, but I bowled terribly! On Sunday we went to my nephew's hockey game. He is 5 (and has 4 sisters). He is the cutest guy, but doesn't seem that into hockey. His dad (my brother) has been involved in hockey for most of his life. He used to ref games, but I think he quit when they moved to Janesville. We also went down to Janesville to finish up a quilt I have been working on and had dinner with my parents. A nice weekend, but it didn't involve much work at home.

No comments: