Friday, May 05, 2006

Busy Me

Another whole week has gone by without me posting! Earth shattering I know. I told Duane I get discouraged when I don't get any comments for awhile; however, how many comments do I expect when all of 4 people know of my blog? :)

Last weekend was all rain, all the time. The Home Buyers Fair was boring, but worthwhile. I finally found a lender who is friendly, intelligent, and knows how to apply for down payment assistance! I have a feeling I will be working with more people like that. I won't be selling million dollar houses, but I will be helping people (which is my ultimate goal).

I had people show up to my open house on Sunday and the ad got me a few phone calls. I have showed it once this week and I am doing a second showing tomorrow. Maybe I will get lucky and they will want to write an offer!

Monday had me writing an offer. It ultimately failed, but sometimes things happen for the best. There were multiple offers and I couldn't recommend that my clients pay more than this condo was worth. There are multiple units for sale in this condo development as well.

Tuesday I met with another lender. He was nice and funny, but nothing outstanding.

Wednesday I met with my clients and the awesome lender, did showings (it is always nice when you walk into a building and it reeks of cat pee OR when you walk into a condo and it is so disgustingly filthy that you walk right back out again), and met with a new client. The new client has some unrealistic wants, but she is determined to buy a house. It may just take some work to get her back to reality.

Thursday I took off and got some things done around the house. When I work a lot (and later into the evening), the house tends to slide. I actually made dinner too!

Today I am at the office, but not doing a whole lot. We have a birthday party tonight for my niece Autumn and a birthday party tomorrow for my niece Elizabeth. Food that I don't have to make! I know I am getting stressed when I feel like finding food is too much of a chore.

TV finales all month. Supernatural finished last night with a strange ending. The two main characters are so good looking though (loved that Jensen Eckles since he was on Days of Our Lives!). Smallville had a major plot happening since next week is the finale. CSI was a little dull, other than Sarah and Grissom making eyes at each other the whole episode! Survivor was interesting, way more interesting than last season.

ALSO, Duane has been having some trouble sleeping which doesn't help my sleeping at all either.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend and I have Sunday off (no open house, because I got a little screwed by the person I normally do open houses for). This means I can tackle many things in the yard and garage and basement!

Another thing, we took the lawn mower into Sears for a tune up. A tune up! Nothing is wrong with it and they said it would take a week. I got a message yesterday that said they are way behind on repairs and it will be another week!! Meanwhile the lawn is growing and growing.

Can anyone tell that I have had too much caffeine today?

2 comments:

Dr. The Bird Man said...

This is a good post. Keep posting.

also, for when you get your mower back here is a good article in Audubon Magazine on lawn care:
http://magazine.audubon.org/audubonathome/audubonathome0605.html

Kandy Christensen said...

Wow, who knew that the bulk of the work involved in selling a home is counseling clients! I've been doing a lot of spring cleaning because I don't have school. It is amazing what you can get done with your evenings free. Maybe you should buy a goat for the lawn!