Monday, May 02, 2005

It's May!

Thursday night we went to see Sin City. It was visually stunning and very cool. I love movies about comics though, even the Hulk! It did cause me to have a weird dream though.

Friday night we went to the 26th anniversary dinner of Epic Systems (where Duane works). The food was tasty. Beverages were boring because they always do a non-alcoholic thing. We had a great dessert of chocolate mousse in a tiny chocolate cup.

On Saturday we painted the ceiling in our bedroom. My great invention (stupid QVC link that doesn't take you to the item) from QVC sucked ass, so Duane had to go buy a roller cover. Duane said I can no longer watch QVC. It says that it is perfect for textured walls and ceilings, and it really isn't. It needs a second coat, but otherwise turned out well. Now I just have to sew the curtains, duvet cover, and pillows! I also need to stencil the walls.

The murder mystery toga party turned out to be pretty fun. It kept us up late though, and made us tired for going to Chicago.

Chicago was kind of a bust, due to the weather. We went to the Chicago Antiques Fair. We knew that it cost $12 to get in. I guess we should have figured that it was going to be super snooooty. I thought I might be able to buy something small, but everything there was megabucks.

We went somewhere to eat (www.annsather.com), and it was only ok (although the cinnamon rolls were fabulous!). We did a little more shopping, but the freezing, windy weather sucked. I did buy a paperweight. It is a log with tiny turtles on it made out of iron.

I think I am going to try and be more interesting here, instead of depressing.

OH, found out today that my boss is actually interviewing to hire someone to replace someone that is leaving.

No comments: