Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Catharsis

So, I had a long talk with my boss today. Oddly enough, he was very supportive. I just don't understand why he can't be like that ALL of the time.

We talked about how I really haven't done any work around here, and why that is. We talked about what direction I want to go in (he knew I had applied for other jobs), and what he can do to help me. He said he wouldn't give me a bad reference, even if I haven't been as productive as he wished I was.

I think there was agreement in that I wished he had been different as a boss, and he wished I had been more proactive in my job.

I can kick myself wondering why I haven't been more proactive and confrontational. I know why though. This is not what I want to do with the rest of my life, no matter how much I thought it was when I was in college.

I know now exactly what my boss wants me to do before I leave, and he knows that I am planning to leave.

No comments: