Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whitney won America's Next Top Model!

Holy cow, couldn't believe this. I thought Anya had it in the bag. Whitney is a "full figured" model. I think she is a size 10. I guess they figured it was about time. Also, Parvati won the million dollars on Survivor. I guess Amanda didn't figure out that crying in the end causes you to lose the money (she did that on Survivor:China and lost too). The next Survivor is going to be in Africa, but it looks like it will be on water. The other Survivor in Africa was pretty dull because they were not near water (no cute guys either) and had to eat canned food (boring).

I think there are a couple more season finales tonight (ER, Smallville, Supernatural, CSI). We have volleyball tonight though, so we will have to catch up on those.

I met with a possible new client, but she hasn't responded to my emails. She acted like she was all excited to see properties on Saturday. Maybe she will email me tomorrow.

My other buyer still believes that she should get a property for whatever price she wants to pay for it. Darn it, why won't those banks just accept the offer? What dummies. At this point I will be making no money on this, but maybe I will get the award for the most patient agent?

Duane had a walking up the stairs incident last night, and gave himself the project of putting up a new railing on the basement stairs. Who knew it would snap so easily (or that you should pay attention when you are walking up the stairs)?

We are switching to a new kitty litter system (put out by Tidy Cats) which seems like it will be much cleaner. It uses pellets on top, and the pee filters to the bottom to a pad. The kitties seem to like it already. Regular kitty litter sticks to their feet and gets all over the place (gross).

We went to a restaurant tasting on Monday for Duane's favorite beer place. We both tried fois gras (nasty) and I tried a chicken liver (also nasty). The chicken liver had a good flavor, but I couldn't get over the creaminess. There were a couple of winners on the new menu and they will still have the frites. We had fun, even though the douche factor was very high. The people we sat across from were halfway decent (the wife was a little snoooty, but she was pregnant).

My rhubarb looks like it has gone to seed already (3 flowering stalks have popped up). I haven't been able to get out there and pick it, but I will this weekend. I am thinking of some rhubarb muffins with a crunchy sugar topping.

Nothing else too exciting here. We will be traveling to Maryland to visit some friends over Memorial Day weekend, so I am really looking foward to that. I am also looking forward to having a clean house some day in the future, maybe this weekend?

No comments: