Monday, December 05, 2005

Something infinitely more exciting

Wow, is that a lot to live up to. Cate's weekend was infinitely more exciting than mine, but here goes nothing.

Friday night I drove back from the crappy Indian Lakes Resort. I did make a wrong turn and drove the wrong way down a road wondering why I wasn't getting to the I-90 exit. Duane called me and asked me to meet him at Old Chicago. His new (crappier) office is right next to Old Chicago, so the boys like to gather for a beer after work. I did manage to make small talk with 4 guys about 5-6 years younger than myself, so go me! They were talking about where they were going out later and I was thinking about going home and going to sleep!

Saturday did not yield anything too exciting, some shopping if I remember correctly and breakfast at the Cracker Barrel (oh and lots of snow!). The Cracker Barrel is one of the few places where you can get swedish fish (and not just the red ones). Yum, yum!

I did an open house on Sunday at the weirdest house. It was custom built in the 60's with high end materials, which do not equal high end in 2005 btw. It had a contraption built into the counter-top where you could put a mixing bowl or a meat grinder (made by NuTone). In fact, there were many things made by NuTone in the house (even the combination doorbell/clock!). This house had a central vacuuming system as well (yes, made by NuTone!). The owner (who was also the builder) put weird cabinets in all of the bedrooms and the upstairs floors were all cork tile. I had one person come in, and they didn't seem to speak english. Oh, and the Packers lost again.

I went to the gym this morning, even though it was -2 degrees out! I also went into work and made some phone calls. I am committed and I will be succesful!

No comments: