Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

I have been reading sTori Telling and finding it interesting. I usually would have finished it by now, but I read while I dry my hair so it takes longer to finish a book.

I am down 4.6 lbs with weigh in tomorrow. Duane is down 12.3 lbs. He is finding that he can wear some of his old favorite t-shirts that he felt were too tight before. He is still wearing the same 1 pair of shorts. I told him that hopefully he will be lucky and these shorts will last till it is pants wearing time. I am doubtful!

Tv is getting in full swing and it is really irritating when there are 3 shows on in the same time slot. Our DVR can only record 2 things at the same time! No, I don't watch too much tv thankyouverymuch.

Work is fine (it only sucks instead of super sucking). It looks like I might get a new laptop. One of the other staff members pointed out that it was kind of strange for the IT person to not have a laptop (I have a desktop). The previous IT person was allowed to keep her laptop.

We got our new featherbed and it is awesome! We have had our old one for quite awhile (2 years maybe?) and after awhile they get squished. I still haven't found any new dress pants. They don't have the black pants that I bought last year at JcPenney's anymore (it seems they stopped carrying short sizes in misses) and petite pants are not fitting quite right (the length is good but the top half is bad). You really don't want to know how many stores I have been in trying on pants.

It is cut and color time tonight and I can't wait. I have been spacing out my appointments longer than 6 weeks and now that my hair is long it drives me a bit nutty. I also have a strangely shaped head so headbands all look totally weird on me. My hair is also very fine, so it is difficult to find a hair clip that works. My scalp is sensitive too, so wearing a ponytail all day makes my head hurt. No wonder I had my hair short for so long!

My nieces bday party is this Saturday and it has been quite some time since the whole family has been together. We were all pretty busy doing our own thing this summer. It will be nice to see everyone. I also need to clean up the yard so I can put my Halloween decorations. I am sure Duane is thrilled that it is decorating season again!

1 comment:

crankymommy said...

Give Duane a high five from me on the weight loss (give yourself one too). Way to go, guys!

I have the same problem with the DVR. I wanted to record the Mentalist last night after I saw Simon Baker on Ellen, but sadly I was already recording the Biggest Loser and the new Bev Niner.

I should really give up my attachment to 90210 because it truly is awful.