Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Job

I was thinking about this blog today. I think this will be a good place to complain about things that people in my life are really tired of me complaining about. The fact that people are tired of me complaining about it (not that anyone has said anything to me) means that I should do something about it. I feel like I am stuck.

I need a new job. This job makes me angry and or sad on a daily basis. I think the sad part comes from the high hopes I had for this job in the beginning. The angry part comes from the crappiness of the job. I have to pay $400 to park my car in a lot that is 1.5 miles from the building I work in. I take a bus to get to work, which I miss by 30 seconds half the time. I sit on the bus with students and smelly people, and deal with jack off bus drivers (although most of them are nice).

My parents want me to go into nursing. This would be a good job, defined by the ability to find a job and the pay scale. I want to get my teaching certificate. This would be a so-so job. Teaching jobs are hard to find around here, and the pay scale is less than nursing. I could also do something in interior design. This would be a so-so job. I could work for myself, but it would be difficult to get started. All these things require more school and money.

I wish I could find something that paid an equal amount of money to what I make now, and didn't make me angry or sad on a daily basis. I have debt that needs to be paid off. I shouldn't just quit my job without another job lined up. I know this. I tell myself this every day. I just need to find this other job. Where is it? What is it?

No comments: