Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hey

My cold is gone! You would certainly hope so since it has been elevenity* days since I posted last.

I do not like this working thing, but why would one after they had many days in a row of doing whatever they wanted? The work is not hard (lots of details to not f up though). Even though is it is 4 hours it seems like it takes up my whole day.

My Christmas decorations are way behind. I haven't put any ornaments on the tree yet, as I am having a problem with Boots jumping INTO the tree. I got a rotating tree stand this year, and I think the turning lights are irresistible.

I made a very nice necklace and earring set for my sister's birthday. She was in town today for work, so we got to shop and have lunch. I had an amazing grilled cheese sandwich with goat cheese, bacon, and pears on homemade cheesy bread!! I am hoping to get a picture of her with the necklace and earrings on to post.

We have had tons of snow here. This isn't so good for me (although my yard looks pretty) because the shoveling responsibility falls to me. I guess when you grow up in North Carolina you never learn how to shovel (or clean off your wife's car in the morning). Underneath this snow is the other snow we got that was then covered by a layer of freezing rain. Yuck is right. Walking the dogs the day after that freezing rain was pretty comical.

I am up early tomorrow morning to drive up to the Dells for the staff retreat. It feels a little weird going to this since I have only been staff for 2 weeks. It it interesting to see things from the "other" side.

Duane is in Portland until Saturday. Maybe he will come home with a renewed sense of non-laziness? We are having people over on New's Year and there are certain things that need to be done before then. Time speeds up as Christmas gets closer.

*elevenity is not a real number

1 comment:

crankymommy said...

Carey!!! Good to hear from you again :)