Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Freedom

I forgot to mention that we still have no toilet. Duane was on call last weekend and ended up working the entire day on Saturday. Bathroom work will resume this week.

Something really freaky happened yesterday after I posted. The professor that is the head of my project stopped by. For the last year or so, the results of my research had been less than promising. In fact, it looked like our product actually increased HIV production instead of decreasing it. My boss had told the head of the project that he thought something was wrong with the product (peptides), but the head of the project didn't believe this. He stopped by to tell me that they HAD given me a bad batch of peptides. Bad batch of peptides = frustration = thinking you are a bad scientist= quitting your job. Nice huh?

No comments: