Monday, June 05, 2006

Scandal at the office

When I went full time at the office I became friends with another new agent. I was feeling rather lost at that time and I thought I needed someone to motivate me. She used to call me several times a day asking me to fix something or help her with something. She had a couple successes before I did and then we stopped talking to each other.

She recently called me and asked me to have lunch. I thought she was going to tell me that she was quitting or she was having an affair. It took her the whole lunch time before she told me that she got another job (in real estate).

This isn't the same as in other jobs because you have a contract with your broker (whereas you give 2 weeks notice or just disappear from other jobs). She was freaked out that she couldn't get out of her contract. Well....

Smart people end their contract BEFORE they get another job.

She didn't want to talk to our manager because our manager can be scary and kicks butt. I told her to talk to the owner and BE HONEST. She skipped the honest part.

So someone at the office calls her for an exit interview type thing and she freaked out. She didn't want to give any info, and made people wonder what was up. The owner is pissed that she lied and will not let her out of her contract.

She will be paying a percentage of all her future sales to this office until October.

Moral of the story: Don't lie and think you will get away with it, especially when the other people are smarter than you.

No comments: